Now you can smile again!
- Because of your insecurity over the colour of your teeth, are you reluctant to smile?
- Do you refuse to appear on photographs?
- Do you feel uneasy about laughing at a joke?
- Would you like to have a beautiful smile instead?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then teeth whitening is for you.
What exactly is teeth whitening?
Just like hair and skin colour, tooth colour will vary from person to person.
There are numerous ways that teeth can be made to look whiter if they become discoloured. One is teeth whitening.
Why do teeth become discoloured?
Teeth become discoloured for many reasons:
- Tea, coffee, red wine and cigarette smoke can yellow your teeth
- Certain medications can also cause the teeth to become grey
- Teeth have nerves and blood vessels inside them. If these nerves and blood vessels are damaged the tooth may become darker (this can happen because of decay, or if the teeth are knocked)
- Tooth decay, fillings and tartar build-up can contribute to discolouration
- Simply because of age, many people develop yellowish staining on their teeth
How much whiter will my teeth look?
This varies from individual to individual, but most people respond very well to teeth whitening treatment, seeing dramatic whitening results.
Does it hurt? And are there any side effects?
Your teeth may feel a little sensitive during and/or after the initial treatment. This is usually described by patients as sporadic sharp shooting pains coming from your teeth. But don't worry. This should settle down after approximately 48 hours. We can even give you a special gel or mousse to apply to your teeth to help with the sensitivity.